Organic Coconut Flower Sugar AMRITA, 300 g
- Coconut sugar makes an excellent 1:1 ratio replacement to refined white sugar
- Naturally low on the glycemic index (GI about 35)
- A healthy alternative to high fructose sweeteners and processed sugars
- Coconut Palm Sugar has a soft caramel flavor
- Source of potassium, calcium, zinc, iron and B vitamins
Packed in an environment that handles nuts, sesame seeds, soy and gluten-containing products.
Organic Coconut Palm sugar (also known as coco sugar, coconut palm sugar or coco sap sugar) is a sugar produced from the sap of cut flower buds of the coconut palm. Coconut sugar has been used as a traditional sweetener for thousands of years in the South and South-East Asian regions where the coconut palm is in abundant supply.
Coconut palm sugar has a low glycemic index (35) is substantially lower than that of table sugar (60). Glycemic index (GI) is a measure of how a food affects blood glucose after being consumed. The higher the GI, the more of a spike you will experience in your blood glucose.
Use: The taste of pure coconut palm sugar is similar to brown sugar. For cooking purposes, it has a very low melt temperature and an extremely high burn temperature so it can be used baked products in place of sugar.
Our coconut palm sugar is also available in bulk: